Trinity United Church Music Co-ordinator Position
Dear Music Co-ordinator Applicant,
Trinity United Church is located in Grimsby, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula. We are a welcoming, inclusive Christian community. We highly value a diverse music program as part of worship and at our Sunday service, you might hear a traditional choir, a contemporary band, our English handbell choir, a ladies’ folk trio, or another combination of vocals and instruments.
The position of music co-ordinator will soon be available. If you see yourself as being part of this exciting environment, please see the job description below and submit your resume no later than April 13th, 2018.
Your resume or your questions can be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for considering us and we look forward to hearing from you.
Don, Joyce, Judie, Marg and Lolly
- Plan music for Sunday church services.
- Provide some of the music yourself by playing piano and/organ, and by sharing other talents.
- Lead the choir. (They rehearse twice per month and sing on one Sunday per month.)
- Assist and co-ordinate volunteer musicians for other Sundays. (e.g. bell choir, soloists, small groups, instrumentalists, etc).
- Maintain a calendar detailing which musicians are helping when. Encourage everyone.
- Assist all musicians and groups to choose music appropriate to theme and season.
- Communicate with the minister who provides service themes, ideas and requests.
- Communicate with the people who prepare our Sunday bulletins and PowerPoint slides.
- Play at weddings or funerals or find an alternate.
- Maintain a list of the music that has been sung or played.
- Recommend when piano or organ tuning or repairs are required.
- Able to work collegially with others–bringing both enthusiasm and organization.
- Able to play and appreciate many styles of music.
- Able to confidently lead people in song.
- Possessing a good knowledge of church music and also fresh ideas.
- Able to create or alter simple scores or lead sheets to help enable volunteer musicians.
- Proficient with email, Word and other computer skills needed to organize folks.
- Knowledgeable about obtaining music and following copyright.
- One Sunday per month is offered as leave. (Volunteer musicians provide coverage.)
- For your leadership on the remaining Sundays, compensation is $800 to $1,000 per month depending on skills and experience.
- A month of unpaid leave in the summer is also possible (upon consultation).
- Payment for weddings and funerals is extra.